Saint John Paul II Fund for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry
Responding to Bishop Caggiano’s invitation to lifelong formation, we invite you to reimagine faith formation at every level. The Saint John Paul II Fund for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry is offering grant opportunities to assist your efforts.
We are pleased to offer grants from $500 to $10,000 each year. Proposals that seek widespread reform are preferred over smaller proposals. Requests in excess of $5,000 should be so innovative that they seek to change the very fabric of formation in a given parish.
Grant requests must match specific criteria and relate to the announced theme for each year. The theme for the 2018 inaugural grants is Reimagining Faith Formation. This includes parish ministries outlined in Bishop Caggiano’s An Invitation to Lifelong Formation, published in September 2017.
2018 Grant Timeline
April 1, 2018 — Application deadline
May 15, 2018 — Decision
August 1, 2018 — Monies distributed
2018 Grant Criteria
Grants may be used for projects in parishes within the Diocese of Bridgeport that:
• Target a demographic previously under-served
• Reflect innovation in faith formation
• Provide creative ministry to/with/for families
• Offer specific ministry for a population mentioned in An Invitation to Lifelong Formation
Grants may not be used to:
• Contribute to a capital expense, except as noted below
• Pay down existing debt
• Donate to an organization or institution outside the parish (e.g., you may not request monies to donate to a secular organization)
• Improvement projects are permitted as long as the project enhances ministry efforts and are approved as part of the grant request
For Successful Applicants
Those who receive grants from the Saint John Paul II Fund for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry will be expected to:
• Complete a report in December 2018 and May 2019 outlining the ministry opportunities made possible by the grant. These reports should include photos, personal reflections, and comments from those who have benefited and should not exceed five pages (including photos)
• Publish a note of thanks in the Sunday parish bulletin, calling attention to the support from Saint John Paul II Fund for Faith Formation and Youth Ministry